The Den Chief works with a den of Cub Scouts and with their adult leaders. He takes part in den meetings, encourages Cub Scout advancement, and is a role model for younger boys. Serving as Den Chief can be a great first leadership experience for a Scout.
Responsible To: The Den Leader in the Cub Scout pack and the Assistant Scoutmaster for the new Scout patrol in the Troop.
* Knows the purposes of Cub Scouting.
* Helps Cub Scouts advance through the Cub Scout ranks.
* Encourages Cub Scouts to join a Boy Scout Troop upon graduation.
* Assists with activities in the den meetings.
* Is a friend to the boys in the den.
* Helps out at weekly den meetings and monthly pack meetings.
* Meets with adult members of the den, pack, and Troop as necessary.
* Sets a good example.
* Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
* Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
* Shows Scout spirit.
You are visitor number
Since March 17, 2013