NOTE: These requirements are in effect beginning January 1, 2016.
1. Be active in your troop for at least four months as a First Class Scout.
2. As a First Class Scout, demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath and Scout Law. Tell how you
have done your duty to God and how you have lived the Scout Oath and Scout Law in your everyday life.
3. Earn six merit badges, including any four from the required list for Eagle. You may choose any of the 17
merit badges on the required list for Eagle to fulfill this requirement. See Eagle rank requirement 3 for
Name of Merit Badge/Date Earned
4. While a First Class Scout, participate in six hours of service through one or more service projects
approved by your Scoutmaster.
5. While a First Class Scout, serve actively in your troop for four months in one or more of the following
positions of responsibility (or carry out a Scoutmaster approved leadership project to help the troop):
Patrol leader, assistant senior patrol leader, senior patrol leader, troop guide, Order of the Arrow troop
representative, den chief, scribe, librarian, historian, quartermaster, bugler, junior assistant Scoutmaster,
chaplain aide, instructor, webmaster, or outdoor ethics guide.
6. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children
From Child Abuse: A Parentís Guide and earn the Cyber Chip award for your grade.5
7. While a First Class Scout, participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
8. Successfully complete your board of review for the Star rank
You are visitor number
Since March 17, 2013